Monday, July 29, 2013

summer's bounty


Is it almost August already? How could it be?

Where does the time go?

Summer has been lovely so far. Not too hot, and not too cool.

During the time I've had the pleasure to garden-sit for two friends . . .



And the "pay" was exceptional!



So many ripe berries to be enjoyed!


And vegetables ~ like these carrots I thinned for us.


And just watering the future vegetables ~

like this beautiful cabbage.



Someday we hope to have a garden of our own.

But we did have our usual garlic harvest . . . 


and our sun gold cherry tomato plant

is beginning to produce fruit.




I made this delicious mixed berry galette

with the above 

raspberries, blueberries and some local cranberries

I still had in the freezer from autumn.



One garden-owner made us zucchini muffins

upon her return home.

Sweet.



Really, I jump at the chance to garden-sit.

Fresh organically-grown produce is such a lovely gift for my time.



And enjoying some down time while the sprinklers

do their thing isn't too bad either.




And I'm never lonely . . . 



there's always some visitors to the garden.

Enjoy the rest of the summer.

I know we will.


No comments: